Thursday, September 20, 2007

Checkup/Update

I've gained a total of 23 pounds! Whoo hoo! Sounds weird though that I'm actually happy about it but hey, you HAVE to gain weight if you're pregnant and at least I haven't gained 50 pounds! Some of you may remember the doctor that really upset me by basically saying I was overweight...well, I think we were both just having a bad day. I had to see her today and she was sooo friendly and commnted numerous times about how I've keep my weight gain undercontrol and that I'm emasuring right where I should (they measure the belly in centimeters to tell what week you're in). I left completely pleased!

So in case any of you are wondering, we're heading into week 33. Crazy I tell ya. Time just flies. It's funny...I read in a magazine that you may feel slightly less movement because the baby is taking up less space. Ha! Whoever wrote that was probably never pregnant! Not only is she moving more than ever, she hurts! I was sitting in a astaff meeting the other day and everyone thought thre was something wrong with me the way I almost jumped out of my chair! A nice healthy karate kick to the ribs is all it takes!

I'm noticing that she's starting to develop somewhat of a sleep schedule...She is going to be night owl like her mother (BEFORE pregnancy) definitely! I feel her the most between 11PM (about when we go to bed) and 3AM. Then she calms down the last couple hours of the night. Hopefully, she'll be a good napper...she always calms down in the afternoon hours. I tell ya I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have a body pillow on one side of me and Chris on the other because rolling is inevitable! Keeping a balance laying in bed isn't even easy!

So we are pre-registering at the hospital this week (Middlesex). Makes sense so that I'm not signing paperwork in the middle of contractions! Plus, I know it sounds weird and cynical but I have this feling that I may go a couple weeks early. I just want to be redy (now that's a good one)!

No comments: